A little about me....

Hello, my name is Daniel I am in 7th grade and I love to play sports my favorite sport is soccer although I also like many other sports such as baseball, football, and basketball

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Theme Piece

“What was that?” I could barely hear him. I leaned over to listen to what he was whispering “Stay Gold Ponyboy…Stay Gold.” And just like that… Johnny died. Those were the last words exchanged between Johnny and Ponyboy before the decease of Johnny. Johnny’s final words had something to do with the whole story and definitely affected the whole story and that theme is stereotyping.

Stereotyping is shown throughout this whole book, everybody assumes that the all of the Greasers are mean and don’t care about everyone else; now same with the socs, everyone see the socs as these kids with nice clothes, big houses… Rich kids, well not every character relates to stereotyping, I think that “Stay Gold Ponyboy… Stay Gold” or the quote that Johnny said when he passed, meant that Ponyboy shouldn’t be like the rest of the Greasers because people judge Ponyboy like all the rest of the Greasers. Ponyboy actually cares about everyone else in the world, which the rest of the Greasers only care about their gang. Or in other words Johnny wants Ponyboy to continue to be a non-stereotype Greaser. Ponyboy completely fly’s by the whole stereotype thing because he doesn’t fit the criteria at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment