A little about me....

Hello, my name is Daniel I am in 7th grade and I love to play sports my favorite sport is soccer although I also like many other sports such as baseball, football, and basketball

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thank you ma'am


Authors Note: In the short story “Thank you ma’am” by Langston Hughes” there’s a boy named roger and he is a criminal who tries to rob people including Mrs Jones and she doesn’t do the expected thing when she gets robbed she didn’t yell she tried to beat him up”
            Could you imagine “thank you ma’am” a short story written by Langston Hughes, if it was in the point of view of Roger that’s the guy who tried to rob the old lady, then the story would be completely different when he tried to rob her, the old lady didn’t even get scared by him because Roger was only 15 and the old lady saw that he was just a young kid who was homeless and wanted money so that’s why she didn’t call the cops on him she said “boy your face is dirty maybe you need to come home with me to get that cleaned up” see that shows that she wanted to teach that kid a lesson to not try to rob anybody anymore and to stop being a criminal.
            Furthermore I thought when she grabbed that kid and started beating him up that showed that she wasn’t scared of him and she wasn’t going to let him get away without a lesson taught so that’s the reason that she decided to take him to her house and taught him the most important lesson of all.

2 comments:

  1. I liked the passion for the story. You should've made the sentences flow a little bit better. I thought you did really well on the description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was good. Although the title needs to be capitalized. Also it wasn't that fluent. On the other hand I loved the whole idea of the piece.

    ReplyDelete