A little about me....

Hello, my name is Daniel I am in 7th grade and I love to play sports my favorite sport is soccer although I also like many other sports such as baseball, football, and basketball

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Text Structure

Text Structure Response
 Authors Note: “This is a text structure piece I did on why I thought that the climax was the climax and to explain why I thought that”
           
For my text structure piece, I did what is the climax of “Jump Ship to Freedom” and what made it lead up to the climax of the story. I would say that the climax of “Jump Ship to Freedom” is when Daniel the main character, jump off the ship to save his own life. The reason he jumped ship was because Captain Ivers (Daniel’s owner) was trying to kill him because he stole his father’s soldier notes to try to buy Daniel and his mom their freedom.
            
To transition into the climax I would have to say why I think that the climax is when Daniel jumps of the boat to be free. So I am going to start with that; I thought that because the climax is something that changes the whole story and things always go downhill from there and that’s one reason why I think that it is the climax. Some other causes that led up to the climax were when Daniel steals his father’s soldier notes that Captain Ivers stole from Daniel’s father when he drowned at war. Another cause would be when Captain Ivers stole Daniel’s father’s soldier notes in the first place so Daniel and his mom couldn’t buy their own freedom. Some consequences are when Daniel jumped ship so Captain Ivers wouldn’t steal his dad’s soldier notes back. Those are the reasons why that is the climax in Jump Ship to Freedom.

1 comment:

  1. Hey nice piece Daniel you had some good information and it was a interesting essay. But for your Author's note you don't need to indent but overall nice job.

    ReplyDelete