A little about me....

Hello, my name is Daniel I am in 7th grade and I love to play sports my favorite sport is soccer although I also like many other sports such as baseball, football, and basketball

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Saying Of A Lifetime

Authors Note "I wrote this response to explain what the saying "Stay Gold Ponyboy" means and why Johnny said that"

"Stay Gold, Ponyboy" that was the last words Johnny said before his death. What do you think that means to you? Well to me that meant for Ponyboy to stay proud of yourself and to never change for anybody else. That was one of the turning points of the book. Everybody started to change when Johnny died.

In addition when Johnny died he said his last words to Ponyboy he said "Stay Gold, Ponyboy, Stay Gold". It meant when Ponyboy looks at the sunset every day he shouldn't change that. He said that Dally probably never looked at a sunset because he only cares about the Greasers and Ponyboy cares about everyone whether Greaser or Socs. I think that is really special about Ponyboy.

When Johnny said that phrase to Ponyboy Dally had no clue he just went and pounded on the wall then went and robbed a store and then got shot because he didn't know what to do next with Johnny being dead. I think that Dally wanted to be killed because he didn't know what to do with Johnny being dead. So he didn’t want to do it himself so he let the police do it instead.


To wrap things up the most important saying in "The Outsiders" was "Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold."

No comments:

Post a Comment