A little about me....

Hello, my name is Daniel I am in 7th grade and I love to play sports my favorite sport is soccer although I also like many other sports such as baseball, football, and basketball

Friday, March 11, 2011

Diary of a wimpy kid

Book Response Essay

Imagine if you were as small as all the kids in your grade? It can be really hard at times. In the book Diary of a Wimpy Kid this is exactly what Greg Hefley has to go through. He wanted Middle School to be fun not brutal but sometimes you have to pay the price. Greg wants his best friend Rowley to be cooler so they can be more popular but I don’t think that will work out very well. Rowley isn’t exactly the cool type but Greg is trying to make him like “the cool type”. Some of us can relate to this being smaller than some kids and I am smaller than most kids in my school but I just don’t get picked on very much.

When Greg asked Rowley to try to be cooler he denied it and it was going to be harder then he thought. I am in middle school and I don’t really worry about having a cool best friend. I mean if someone thinks your weird then they can think that I don’t get why he is so weird about it. In My opinion Greg should not care what others think of him. I mean its middle school you’re not going to know them for the rest of your life. That is what I don’t like about middle school and high school they get too worried what everyone else thinks about them.

When you’re in middle school everybody thinks they have to be perfect. It is only school it is not your full life I mean if you do something embarrassing people will forget about it sooner or later. Greg wants to be in the class favorites and that is where the best kids in the class go. Things like most cool, class clown and all those good things. He doesn’t want to embarrass himself this year. Greg has never been popular at his school but he is trying to change that. He tried wearing cool clothes trying to be funny but nothing worked. He even tried to get Rowley to be cool so they can be cool friends.

In this book I noticed that I can really relate to Greg. You feel like you don’t get any respect because you smaller than most kids. I just don’t think that’s fair to kids like that. I absolutely loved this book. It taught me to go with the flow and not to care what people thought of you. In the end it turned out to be a good year for Greg and Rowley. They made the class favorites but not the way they wanted. They made it in cutest friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment