A little about me....

Hello, my name is Daniel I am in 7th grade and I love to play sports my favorite sport is soccer although I also like many other sports such as baseball, football, and basketball

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Deep Water

What would you do if you were pushed in the water? Well in the story “Deep Water” written by William O Douglas the main character got pushed in the water by a bully. It is so bad because the water was deep and he didn’t know how to swim. The author, William O Douglas clearly tried to make that you shouldn’t play around water a very big statement.

First when the big bruise came William described the bully as looking really touch, big muscles, and hair on his chest. William was planning when he reached the bottom of the pool to kick up from the bottom so he could get up as quick as he could and go up the side of the pool but then his lungs got full of water and he passed out.
William O Douglas was trying to make a point that you shouldn’t be afraid of water.

The author is trying to say is you should know how to swim and if you don’t you can take swimming lessons. You can overcome you fears. William did but not the kind that he was hoping of. I don’t know why the bully did that to William but now William is probably really cautious around water just because of that incident.

This story really got me thinking because William O Douglas was making a point that you shouldn’t be afraid of water. But he got everyone a little nervous who doesn’t know how to swim. I know how to swim and I got a little nervous. That is why I liked Deep Waters by William O Douglas.

No comments:

Post a Comment