A little about me....

Hello, my name is Daniel I am in 7th grade and I love to play sports my favorite sport is soccer although I also like many other sports such as baseball, football, and basketball

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Essay for the Pearl

What would you do with the pearl of the world? The Pearl was by Jerry Steinbeck. I would keep it a secret so nobody would circle around me. But it would be kind of hard to keep it a secret because everybody will like you if you have something that valuable. Kino, Juana, and Coyotito were the main characters in the book. I know that because of what happened in the story. Kino and Juana went to take Coyotito to the doctor because he got stung by a scorpion and they wanted to fix the sting.

They took him to the doctor and the doctor said that he wouldn’t help them, but Kino hasn’t received the pearl yet. Next after Kino got the pearl and everybody knew about it and everyone knows that its valuable then the doctor wanted to help Coyotito. So then Kino knew something was going on.
Late is a way to help us organize our characters; Kino and Juana. Late stands for looks, acts, thoughts, and emotions. To begin with late Kino; Kino had very wavy black hair and a brown forehead or brown skin, and a mustache; he was also wearing a hat. Next in late is Juana; Juana has black hair, dark eyes; she also wore a blue shawl, and braids with ribbons. The reason that the doctor wouldn’t help Kino and Juana with Coyotito and his sting was because their family is very poor and he didn’t have enough money to pay the doctor with so he couldn’t and didn’t want to help them.

My word for the pearl was that it was a consistent book at the time. It had a lot of up and downs but most of the time I really liked it. Well it was boring time to time but I thought it was a solid book by Jerry Steinbeck. There were a couple of words that I didn’t really get and I text coded all of those and then I looked them up in the dictionary and then I read it over knowing what that word meant. In the book the pearl all of our class mates went on and text coded the whole pearl book. It took a while to read the chapters because every page or so you would have to stop and write down a note and put it on a sticky note and put it on the page that it happened on so it took a while.

In the end of the book the pearl it turned out that Kino threw the pearl in the Gulf. I thought that was a very smart decision for the whole family. I know Juana thought that it was a good idea to throw the pearl in the water because it nearly ripped apart the whole family like Kino punched Juana and Kino killed a guy. In the end before he threw away the pearl someone shoot Coyotito in the head and he died. Kino felt so bad and so did Juana. It ends up that Kino has really bad luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment