A little about me....

Hello, my name is Daniel I am in 7th grade and I love to play sports my favorite sport is soccer although I also like many other sports such as baseball, football, and basketball

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The hundredth dove

Have you ever been sent to court? I haven’t and I am proud of that. The main character in The Hundredth Dove has been to court, when he got in the courtroom the king said to bring him 100 doves and to not fail me. He was pretty worried if he could get 100 doves but then the king sentenced him off and he went to get the 100 doves that he told him to get. Hugh thought to himself “How am I ever going to get 100 doves”?

In addition Hugh went to go catch the 100 doves and he found out that you need a net to catch all of those doves. It makes the job a lot easier. So when he set up the net he caught lots in a matter of an hour. Now with that strategy he could be done today. In my opinion it didn’t seem that hard because of that technique he just learned. When Hugh found that out, he was cruising along and he didn’t have a problem until he saw a white bird fly right through the net. He was astonished. He was impressed by the dove but he really wanted to catch the dove.

Furthermore the dove was outstandingly smart and Hugh didn’t know how to catch that dove but he had an amazing idea. Hugh had total confidence in his great idea. He went to here he had saw the white dove and put his net up. He waited and the dove came back. He was white again like Hugh was thinking. When Hugh hid behind the tree and waited for the dove to step on the net, he stepped on it and Hugh grabbed the dove and didn’t let the poor dove go. The dove didn’t make it and when he brought to the king 99 doves and one killed white one. In my opinion he shouldn’t have killed the dove. He should have showed it to the king and then let it go.

When Hugh was clueless on how he would ever catch 100 doves, well he didn’t have much confidence in himself, but in the end he caught all 100 doves. Except 1 was dead, but It was actually a good thing to go to court in my opinion because it got Hugh’s confidence back and he found that you can do anything if you set your mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment